Категория: Hatching - RT Poultry & things
19 hatched!!! 18 in the brooder, 4 eggs to go!
Results of this clutch are:
27 eggs set 2/14/2010
2 infertile on Day 10 (removed day 14)
2 early quitters removed Day 18
19 hatched on the 5th (due the 7th)
4 eggs left in the incubator (doing nothing yet).
we will give them another 2 days, to do something before we remove them.
Fertility 92.59% Hatchability 70.37%

this is one Rooster over 33 hens.

hatch rates are improving (with my experience level)

Set # 1 0 chicks/6 eggs

Set #2  4 chicks/9 eggs

Set #3  4 chicks/7 eggs

Set #4 19chicks/27 eggs

I will update this as I find out about the other 4 eggs in the incubator.
Brooder Pics on Photobucket, Facebook & My Space

we have 6 in the brooder, 7 in the incubator have pipped. 10 eggs have not started yet, but they are not due til tomorrow, so we will give them a few more days!
They are soo cute. I think this will be my last hatch until spring when I can order some eggs. I need to increase the Barred Rocks and the Light Brahmas, to do so I will need to get a couple of Roosters! I would like to get 2 of each so I could change the bloodlines.
I woke up this morning to a whole lota Chirping Going on!
I went to bed with 9-10 pips
here is what I woke up to:
I somehow goofed, the incubator went into lockdown yesterday, instead of this morning, Temperature is holding well, Humidity has to be upped a bit more, but seems stable. Nothing happening just yet, I am planning on videoing it once I see progress.
We marked the 2 Easter Egg crossed chicks with green food coloring. They are soo cute. 

This is the last of the chicks for this setting, the others didn't make it. These will be added to the laying flock when they are older. I will enjoy having a very pretty Laying flock.
here is a picture of the 1st Light Brahma to hatch here....and we have another pip, and 3 more eggs to go,
Well the first eggs didn't hatch on Jan 27-29. 
We have a new set of 8 eggs due Feb 3. Let's hope this works better.
We have 2 hatched, 2 -pips and 4 more we are waiting to pip. I will leave the hatched chicks in the incubator until tomorrow when they will more to a brooder. Then we will see about the other eggs at that time
Then we have another 7 more started in incubator #1 that are Due on Feb 16th.
I won't set more eggs till we figure out the incubators. They seem to have temperature swings that are unacceptable to hatching.
Hopefully we will have new chicks soon! I have a video camcorder in with the hatcher.
I may have to get new Waffer thermostats, thermometers....or maybe even build a incubator.
I have been considering this as a option, since I have 4 incubators here, so I have some parts to work with. I can order more parts
There are many interesting links on BYC for building incubators, and brooders and etc....
I have been looking at alot of designs for them and buildings.

I have to find new software for burning my videocam films as the program that came with the camera will not work with Windows Vista and of course I didn't know that when I bought the Video Cam!
I do have videos of the Chickens and Family events, but I can't burn them yet, which is a real bummer, I can't share them until I find a program that can convert & burn them.

that is about all for now on the Hatching News for now.